BRICOLSOFT ZIP COMPRESSION LIBRARY - ZIP ACTIVEX CONTROL / ZIP DLL COMPONENT
||Easy-to-use Zip ActiveX DLL control with modern ZIPX archiving, cutting-ege compression algorithms, strong AES encryption, versatile self-extract and more.
||ActiveX / COM / DLL
- Dual ActiveX / DLL component built around a single, self-contained DLL with no external library dependencies for the simplest possible deployment. Uses the lightweight ATL framework for top performance.
- Multithreaded design that supports running multiple operations at the same time. Use either single threaded (STA) or multi-threaded (MTA) COM apartments.
- Asynchronous (background processing) and synchronous operation fully supported
- Both Unicode and ANSI support in a single component. Uses Unicode API on Windows NT based systems for superior performance.
- Built-in constants, enumerations and data types that interact with your programming environment’s auto complete feature to accelerate programming
- Compatible with a wide variety of programming environments:
- Intel x86: Visual Basic, Visual C++, C#, Visual Basic.NET, Active Server Pages (ASP), ASP.NET, Delphi, C++ Builder, Visual FoxPro, MS Office VBA, scripting languages and any other 32-bit languages that implement ActiveX or plain DLL support
- AMD x64: C#, Visual Basic .NET, Visual C++, Active Server Pages (ASP) .NET, MS Office 2010+ VBA, scripting languages and any other 64-bit languages that implement ActiveX or plain DLL support.
- Intel Itanium: C#, Visual Basic .NET, Visual C++, Active Server Pages (ASP) .NET, scripting languages and any other 64-bit languages that implement ActiveX or plain DLL support.
- Compatible with virtually all operating systems:
- Intel x86: Windows 98 IE4 and later.
- AMD x64: Windows XP x64 and later.
- Intel Itanium: Windows Server 2000 and later.
- Available in three editions:
- Bricolsoft Zip (Intel x86)
- Bricolsoft Zip x64 (AMD x64)
- Bricolsoft Zip IA64 (Intel Itanium)
- List contents of a zip file
- Zip files to an archive
- Unzip files from an archive
- Move disk files to an archive
- Remove files from an archive
- Test archive contents
- Repair archive
- Convert a zip archive to a self extracting archive
- Convert a self extracting archive to a zip archive
- Read archive comment
- Write archive comment
- Compress only newer files (refresh)
- Compress only existing files (update)
- Works with Unicode filenames containing characters in any language and alphabet.
- Stores Unicode file comments containing characters in any language and alphabet.
- Features the most complete Unicode header support. Can read and write archives using all Unicode zip storage standards:
- PKZIP Unicode - for maximum compatibility with modern zip utilities.
- Info-Zip Unicode - for maximum compatibility with legacy zip utilities.
- Fully supports both the ZIP and ZIPX file formats
- The only product of its kind that is WinZip 18 compatible
- Implements legacy compression algorithms:
- Store - stores the file without compression
- Deflate - the traditional zip compression algorithm
- Deflate64 (enhanced deflate) - an improved version of the deflate algorithm
- Implements modern compression algorithms:
- BZip2 - compresses 15%-20% better than deflate
- LZMA - compresses marginally better than BZip2
- XZ w/ LZMA2 - compresses slightly better than LZMA
- JPEG Recompression - unpacks JPEG images and recompresses them with a better algorithm for savings of 20%-25%
- WavPack - compresses WAV sound files for savings of 20%-30% vs deflate
- PPMd - compresses 10%-15% better than BZip2
- Create PKZIP and WinZip compatible archives that are virtually unlimited in size, and exceed the previous 4 GB per archive limit
- Create archives that contain an unlimited number of files, instead of just 65,536 files max
- Compress large files that exceed 4 GB
- Encrypt files using powerful WinZip AES encryption featuring 128, 192 or 256 bit strength
- Encrypt files using PKZIP 2.0 compatible encryption
- Apply encryption to all files in an archive or only to specific files, using the same password or different passwords
|Multi Volume Archives
- Create PKZIP and WinZip compatible multi volume zip archives
- Specify size of multi volume volumes
- Locate missing archive parts
|Self Extracting Archives
- Create self-extracting archives with advanced features such as Unicode filenames, PKZIP 2.0 and WinZip AES encryption, ZIP64 large file support and multi volume structure
- Convert self-extracting archives into zip archives and vice versa
- Create silent archives with no GUI or customize the self-extract GUI (show or hide unzip options, progress bar, About Box, prompts, etc.)
- Specify default extraction folder for self extracting archives
- Specify default extraction folder for self extracting archives
- Specify file overwrite behavior during extraction
- Specify program to run after extraction
- Specify readme text file to display after extraction
- Specify password for each encrypted file during extraction
- Customize self extractor module messages such as the startup message and the About box message
- Request administrative privileges under Windows Vista and later
- Track each file's extraction progress with the new self-extract module progress bar
- Zip files from memory buffers or memory streams
- Unzip files to memory buffers or memory streams
- Filter based on minimum and maximum file size during both compression and decompression
- Use minimum and maximum date cutoffs
- Exclude and include files based on required and excluded attributes
- Filter files based on existence (exists or does not exist in archive)
- Update only files that are newer
- Store and restore NTFS security descriptors
- Store and restore last modification, last accessed and created dates using the Info-Zip extended timestamps format
- Store and restore last modification, last accessed and created dates using the PKZIP filetimes format
|Documentation and Samples
- Comprehensive HTML Help documentation with context sensitive help topics so you can view help on methods, properties, enumerations and more by simply pressing F1 in your programming environment to bring up the relevant topic
- Clear and fully commented samples in a variety of popular languages:
- Intel x86: Visual C++, VB6, ASP, Delphi, C++ Builder, C# and VB.NET
- AMD x64: Visual C++, ASP, C# and VB.NET
- Intel Itanium: Visual C++, ASP, C# and VB.NET
Ready to give it a try?
Get started now by downloading the component or trying the online demo.